To safely bathe your child:
1. On the surface of the tub, place a rubber suction mat to prevent slipping and fill the tub with 3 to 4 inches of warm water. Support your baby's back at all times if he or she cannot sit up on his or her own. To prevent injury, put a soft cover or towel over the faucet head of the tub so your child doesn't hit his or her head while bathing.
2. Check the water temperature with your hand before putting your baby in the tub. To prevent pain, keep the temperature of the water less than 120 degrees Fahrenheit
3. Don't allow your child to drink the bathwater. The soap and shampoos could irritate his or her intestinal tract.
4. Keep the toilet lid and bathroom door closed when not in use, or get a lid lock for the toilet.
5. When finished, remove your child from the tub and drain the water.
Remember that whenever you are with your child and water is present, don't take your eyes off of him or her for even a minute!