First, thank you so very much for sharing your thoughts and recommendations. Based on your feedback, coupled with the CDC and State safe distancing guidelines, we will be reopening after Memorial Day on Tuesday, May 26th.
We are putting the following protocols in place:
- We will temperature check everyone entering the facility with a non-contact thermometer, and ask customers and employees to stay home with a cough, fever, or cold-like symptoms
- The showers, changing rooms (except to parent participation classes), snack bar, playroom, and drinking fountains will be closed
- Masks are strongly recommended for all adults entering the building
- All personnel will be required to wear masks (including instructors) at all times
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available
- Only 1 adult can accompany your child(ren) in the facility
- Siblings are encouraged to stay home
- Families will enter the facility through the main door, no earlier than 5 minutes before class
- Once inside, each family unit will go to a designated area (7 feet from others) to wait to be called to class
- Viewing gallery and additional chair seating will be appropriately marked and spaced
- All swimmers will come in their swimming attire ready for their lesson
- We will proactively contact customers to switch class times to reduce class sizes when possible
- We will alternate classes between the wall and viewing gallery glass sides as much as possible
- At the end of class, the child(ren) will meet their parent on the pool deck where they will exit through the back doors to minimize contact with incoming customers
- The facility and seating area will be sanitized during class transitions on the half-hour and deep-cleaned at the end of the day
**It is important to note that the COVID-19 virus cannot survive in properly chlorinated pool water. The health of our pool is and has always been our number one priority. It will continue (as it has always been), to be safe and clean to the highest standards. CDC Health Swimming Resource.
We understand that there are differing views and comfort levels with the Covid-19 situation, but we have tried to make reasonable changes that will provide the safest environment for both our customers and staff. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these challenging times. There is no disputing it — we have the BEST customers in the world! We love and miss you, and can’t wait to see you again!
Gail and Tom Spivey
Owners, AquaSafe Swim School